A Custom Assessment is used to assess knowledge of particular skills, strands, and/or standards. It can be administered frequently to measure a small number of specific skills, or it can be used broadly to measure a larger number of skills. It can also be administered as a pre- and post-test to measure learning gains.
When creating the assessment, you can refine it by subject, grade, state standards or strand/skill. An individualized learning path (ILP) can be created for each student.
1. Click on the Create tab then click Assessments. Under My Created Assessments, click the Create New Button:
Note: You also have the option to enter any keywords to search for.
Note: By hovering over the standard, you can read the full standard description.
Note: You can click Back to find more skills in other standards if you'd like. You can also click the Trash icon to remove a skill from your assessment objectives.
11. The assessment is set to automatically create an ILP for each student, as noted by the checked Create ILP box. If you just want this assessment to only assess student knowledge, then uncheck the Create ILP box.
12. Add Message: You can type out a message that your students will see before they take the assessment. This might include special instructions.
13. Add Resources: Include additional resources that the teacher assigning the assessment can provide to students via a printed PDF or shared via other platforms. You can add them by clicking the Add Resources between. Once teachers assign the assessment, the teacher can access the assessment resources under the Assessment Details Popup in Classes.
Note: Students do not have access to these resources. These are only visible to the teacher.
14. If you need to rearrange any of the objectives, you can drag and drop them in any order you wish. Also, you can click the trash icon to remove an objective.
Once you have created and saved the Custom Assessment you must assign it to your student(s) or your class. The steps on assigning your Custom Assessment can be found here.