To turn Progress Monitoring Probes on for a student:
1. Navigate to the Progress Monitoring page and use the filters to find the student(s) you would like to start Progress Monitoring.
2. Using the toggle on the left-hand side, select the subject you want the student to begin Progress Monitoring (Mathematics or Language Arts) and then click the Start button.
3. Select either Curriculum Sampling or Skill Based as the type of progress monitoring for your student.
When choosing Curriculum Sampling, you'll want to select the level of CBM for the student. This should reflect the level of the student's intervention and not their current grade level.
Classworks will automatically select one grade level below the student's current grade level specified in the user's student settings.
If the student has taken a Classworks assessment like the Universal Screener, then their CBM level will automatically be selected based on their results. You have the ability to manually select their CBM level, as well.
Just click the level of CBM you'd like the student to receive.
When selecting skill based CBM monitoring, first click the drop-down menu to select the skill for the student. Next, select the level of the skill based CBM probes. This level should reflect the intervention level of the skill and not their current grade level.
If the student has taken a Classworks assessment like the Universal Screener, then their CBM level for that skill will automatically be selected based on their results. You have the ability to manually select their CBM level, as well.
You can also view the IEP Objectives and Objectives by State Standards for the selected Skill and CBM level! Click the IEP Objectives Link below the CBM level bar:
Here you will see the objectives that align to the domain/IEP goal you've chosen. Toggle between the objectives and standards they are aligned with:
You can then copy the objectives you feel are most relevant and paste them right into your IEP.
4. Once you've selected the Probe Type and Level, select the Rate of Improvement Goal for the student. This can be altered after the intervention has started if needed. See this article for the difference between Moderate and Aggressive.
5. Finally, you can see the start and end dates that will be set when you click 'Start' and begin Progress Monitoring. The duration of the CBM is set for 12 weeks and can be stopped, or edited at any time.