The Comprehensive Student report allows you to see an all-inclusive view of an individual student. The report displays instruction and assessment results at a broad level. This report includes all data completed within the date range entered, without regard to a specific class. It even separates their work on individualized instruction (ILP) from their teacher/class assigned instruction!
Instruction results can be displayed two different ways:
- Skills Summary (selected by default) and/or
- Assignment Results Summary
All assessment results will display based on the date range selected in the report characteristics.
This report can be accessed from anywhere you see a student's name in the product. (i.e. By expanding an assignment/assessment within the Classes tab, the Individualized Learning tab, or from the Administration Tab > User sub-tab.)
Select Student and Create Report
This report is accessed by clicking on the name of a student.
1) Click on a student’s name. The Edit User screen will appear.
2) Click on the Comprehensive Student Report button located in the bottom-left corner.
Select Report Options
3) Report Options: Select how to display the instruction results. You can select any or all of the available options.
Skills Summary (selected by default): Allows you to view a summary of work completed below, on and above grade level.
Assignment Results: Allows you to view a summary of all assignments the student has worked on within the date range. You will see a list with an overall average of the activity and unit scores and the total amount of time on task spent in the assignment. It will also indicate if the assignment was part of an ILP.
Note: If you wish to display only assessment results, uncheck all of the instruction display options.
4) Select the dates covered by the report.
5) Click Preview. While previewing the report, you will have the option to Print the report to a PDF. Once in PDF format – it can be saved or printed.
What to Look For
As you read the report, notice the following items:
- Is the majority of the time on task spent working below, on or above grade level instruction? Is this consistent with the school's Implementation Plan or what you know about the student? How are they performing at the different levels?
- Is the student spending an adequate amount of time in each assignment?
- How is the student performing on the activities versus the unit scores? Is there a discrepancy?
- The most recent scores will always display. How is the student performing compared to the targeted scaled score for the assessment? (Remember that the target scaled score is based on the testing window in which the student completed the assessment – Fall, Winter, or Spring.) Click here for more information about the scaled scores and time of year targets.
- This section includes ILP data as well as assessment data. Is the student mastering the units assigned in the ILP?
- Has the student made progress between the first and last administration of the assessment?
- Compare how much time the student spent on the first versus the last administration of the test.
- Notice the level of CBM administered. Is the CBM at the level of the student (recommended) or on the student's grade level?
- Is the student's current Rate of Improvement (ROI) on track for meeting the target ROI?