This export allows you to view how each District Created Item performed on a particular District Custom Assessment. Use the results to help identify unfair or biased items, reveal item difficulty, and determine if the item is capable of accurately measuring student performance on a particular concept. This information can then be used to refine and improve the test items.
Note: Only users that are members of the Creator and/or Approver permission groups will have access to view the distractor numbers and the corresponding answer choice via the main Editor page in the user drop-down menu.
Generating the Report
1) Navigate to the Classes tab.
2) Place a check beside the appropriate class or classes.
3) Click the Create Report button.
4) Select the Report Type: Assessment
Select the Assessment: District Custom
Select the Report: Item Performance
5) Click Next.
6) Select the appropriate assessment you wish to report on and click Next.
Note: You can only select one assessment.
7) Select a file format.
8) Click the Export to File button.
The File Contains the Following
- Test name
- Item number (District Created Items Only)
- Number of students who responded to that item
- Number of students who answered that item correctly
- Number of students who selected each distractor
- User who approved the item and who last edited the item
- Date the item was approved
- Item subject and strand
- Cognitive Complexity Level selected for the item when it was created
What to Look For
As you read the data, notice the following:
- View the number of student responses for an item compared to the number students that correctly answered the item. Did the majority of the students get the question right or wrong? Was the item too easy or too difficult?
- If a large number of students answered an item incorrectly, is there a particular distractor that was selected most often? Use this information to potentially identify a common misconception among students for the concept it is assessing.
- View the number of students that answered each distractor. Are there any that were not selected by any students? Consider adjusting your distractor.
Note: Only users that are members of the Creator and/or Approver permission groups will have access to view the distractor numbers and the corresponding answer choice via the main Editor Tab.