Once you have already created a class and added students, you may need to make changes. You can modify an existing class whenever you need to add or remove students or when you need to change the class preferences, such as:
- Class name
- Class icon
- Teacher permissions
Class Change Preferences
To change the preferences of an existing class such as class name, icon, teacher or permissions, follow the steps below:
Note: Users with Site Administrator rights can also modify a class from the Administration Tab > Classes Sub Tab. Select a school and then click on the name of the class.)
1) Click on the Classes tab.
2) Click on the appropriate class name to select the class.
3) Click the Edit Class button towards the top of the screen.
4) The Edit Class screen will display.
5) Now you can:
- Change the name of the class by deleting the existing one and typing in a new name.
- Select a different icon to represent the class by clicking on a new icon.
- Change who can view or edit this class by clicking Set Permissions.
Note: Do not click the Save button until you have made all the changes – including adding or removing students.
6) After making changes, click Save.
To add one or more students to an existing class, follow these steps:
Note: When adding a student to an existing class, all existing assignments and assessments are automatically skipped for the student. You will need to change the status of the appropriate assignments/assessments from skipped to assigned.
1) Follow steps 1-3 above to get to the Edit Class screen.
2) Click on the down arrow to select student grade.
Place a check in the box beside the appropriate grade.
Optional: Teacher, classes, and demographics may be used to quickly find students within a certain subset (e.g., limited English) or to duplicate an existing class.
3) Once you have selected the desired fields, click Search.
4) A list of students who fit your criteria will display in the Search Results box on the left.
5) Put a check before the name of each student you want to include in this class.
Note: If you want to select all students, put a check before the top box beside the words Student Found..
6) To put these students in the existing class, click the Add button. Notice that their names now appear in the Student Enrolled box on the right.
7) Once you have added students to the class, click the Save button.
To remove one or more students from an existing class, follow these steps:
1) Follow steps 1-5 from the Change Class Preferences section.
2) In the Student Enrolled box on the right side of your window, put a check in the box next to each student you want to remove.
3) Click the Remove button.
4) Click the Save button.
Delete a Class
Note: Only users with site or district administrative rights can delete a class. When a class is deleted, all data, assignments, and assessments from the class are removed and cannot be retrieved. Print all necessary reports prior to deleting a class.
1) Click on the drop-down menu and select the Administration page.
2) Click on the Classes sub-tab.
3) Click on the name of the school on the left side of the window.
4) Place a check beside the class or classes you would like to delete.
5) Click the Delete Class button.
6) Click the Save button.