Students in grades K-8 can earn achievements in each subject: Math & Reading/Language Arts.
There are two types of achievements:
- For every 150 minutes a student spends working in Classworks instruction, a student will earn/unlock a silver shield.
- Once a student has received 5 Silver Shields (750 min. total time-on-task), they receive a Gold Shield and the Silver Shield Display is reset. The student will receive a printable certificate.
Note: Time spent in assessments does not count toward incentives
- The shield can be accessed from the Student Module by clicking the “View Progress” button.
- Once 150 minutes is reached, the timer begins for the next 150 minutes.
- When a student achieves 150 minutes time-on-task in a subject, Classworks determines the overall mastery level of that subject. If the overall mastery percentage is 70% or greater at the time that the 150 minutes is reached, a character will be earned/unlocked for the student.
- When a sixth character has been achieved, the student will earn a Gold Trophy. When no characters are awarded there will be no image displayed. When a Gold Trophy is awarded, the student will receive a printable certificate.
Note: Mastery is calculated using the Unit Scores only
Access a Student's Certificate
1) A star will display beside a student's name in the Teacher Module when a student has new accomplishments in the Trophy room. You can find the star next to a student's name either from the Classes tab or the Individualized Learning tab.
2) Click on the gold star when you are ready to view the new accomplishments for a student.
Note: The star will be gold when there is a new achievement, but will gray out after the first time you click to view. You can click on the gray star at any time to access the trophy room.
3) Certificates are printable. Click the Print link out beside a certificate to print it.
Ways to Use
- Explain to your students how they earn shields and characters.
- Set expectations as to how often they can view their Badges Widget during a class period.
- Create a bar graph in your classroom that displays the number of shields and characters your class earns or that each student earns. Make it a competition!
- As students earn certificates, print two copies - One to send home to parents and one to display on your classroom bulletin board.
- Encourage students to do their best in Classworks!
Disable Incentive Program
1) Click the drop-down arrow next to your name and choose Administration.
2) Click on the Utilities sub-tab.
3) Click on School Settings on the navigation bar to the left.
4) Click on the name of the school.
5) Deselect the Incentive Program.
6) Click Save.