Note: Only district level managers can create a custom group. School site managers can add and remove users to/from a custom group - but only users that are in their school group.
Create a Custom Group
1. Click your name in the top right then click Manage Classworks.
Click on the Groups sub-tab.
2. Click on the Create Custom Group button.
3. Enter the name of the custom group in the Group Name box.
Follow steps 4-10 below to add students to the custom group.
4. Click the Add/Remove button.
5. Search for users to add to the custom group.
On the right-hand side of the screen, enter your search criteria and click Search.
Search criteria include:
Search within the user's current school group
Search by user last name
Search by grade level
Search by demographic
6. Select the users for the custom group on the right side by placing a check beside the student(s) name(s), then click Add Users to Group.
7. (Optional) Reset the search as needed by clicking the Reset Search button. Then repeat steps 5-8 above.
8. Once you've added all your students to the group, click Save.
Note: To remove a user from the custom group - Hover your mouse over the user’s name; click on Remove.
Edit Custom Group Details
From the Administration page > Groups sub-tab:
Expand the Custom Group section by clicking on the + symbol.
Click on the name of the custom group you wish to edit.
Change group name.
Add additional users to a group by clicking the Add/Remove button.
Remove users from a group by clicking the Add/Remove button.
2. Click the Save button if changes were made.