Before your students can take an assessment, it must be assigned to them.
Note: Assessment options can vary based on your school/district's plan.
Note: Classworks Assessments (Universal Screener & Summative Benchmark) are no longer assigned by teachers. These assessments are now assigned district-wide or school-wide.
In this article we will cover:
- How to assign an assessment to an entire class
- How to assign an assessment to individually selected students
- Editing the name and/or icon for the assessment
Assign to an Entire Class
1) Navigate to the Classes tab.
Note: Select a school, if necessary.
2) From the Classes tab, place a check beside the class(es) that you wish to assign the assessment.
(You may assign the same assessment to multiple classes at once).
3) Click the Assign button and then select Assessment
4) Select the tab (My Created Assessment or Shared Assessment) that includes the assessment you are assigning.
5) To select a specific assessment, place a check next to the name of the assessment.
Note: By clicking Details, you can see the details of the assessment.
6) Click Next.
7) Adjust Start/End Date, if desired.
Personalized/Individualized Learning: Determine if you want students to receive an Individualized Learning Path (ILP) when they complete the assessment, using their assessment results.
8) Click the Next button.
Choose Who To Assign To
1) All Students: Automatically assigns the selected instruction to all of the students in the class or classes you chose.
Selected Students: Gives you a list of all of the students in the class or classes you chose and lets you manually select which students will receive the assignment by placing a check next to their name.
2) Click Assign.
Edit the Name or Icon for the Assessment (Optional)
1) From the Classes tab, click on the class name. Click on the Assessment sub tab.
2) Locate the specific assessment by clicking the + symbol to the left of the assessment category.
3) Click on the name of the assessment; the Assessment Details box will display.
4) Replace the text in the Nickname text box with the nickname you want.
5) Select an icon; use the arrows to scroll for more choices.
6) Click Save.