For each class, you need to determine what assignments the students will complete. Also, as the class progresses you may want to change the assignments or add new ones. This document describes how to select and assign assignments to a class or select students.
There are a couple different types of instruction you can assign to students.
- Custom Instruction (an assignment consisting of units you put together)
- Classroom Instruction (Applied Math, Integrated Reading, and Science)
- Shared Instruction (Custom Instruction someone else created and shared)
To learn more about how to generate an ILP (Individualized Learning Path) for a student using their assessment results, check out this article.
To learn more about creating custom instruction, check out this article.
In this article we will cover:
1) Click on the Classes tab.
Note: Select your school, if necessary.
2) Place a check beside the class(es) that you wish to assign instruction. (You may assign the same assignment to multiple classes at once).
3) Click the Assign button and select Instruction.
4) Select the tab (My Created, Classroom, or Shared) that includes the assignment you are assigning.
5) You can assign the entire assignment by clicking the box next to the name of the assignment or you can expand the assignments/units by clicking the + symbol to select only parts of the assignment.
6) Click Next.
Choose Who to Assign To
1) All Students: Automatically assigns the selected instruction to all of the students in the class or classes you chose.
Selected Students: Gives you a list of all of the students in the class or classes you chose and lets you manually select which students will receive the assignment by placing a check next to their name.
2) Click Assign.
Instructional Mode vs. Manual Mode
When you assign instruction, it will default to Instructional Mode. This means that the students will proceed through the assignment and unit components in order and cannot skip around. The instructional mode is the recommended mode for most assignments. In some cases, you may want to allow the student to navigate to any unit and any component within that unit to give them additional practice opportunities. To allow this functionality, you can change the assignment to Manual Mode.
1) From the Classes Tab, click on the class that contains the assignment.Locate the specific assignment on the Instruction Sub Tab.
2) To change the mode for everyone that has the assignment, click on the
in the mode column next to the name of the assignment to change it to an
To change the mode for specific students, expand the assignment by clicking on the + symbol beside the assignment name. Then in the mode column click on the
beside the specific student(s) to change it to an
3) Click Save.