In order for an entire class or individual students to use Classworks, they must be entered into the Classworks system. To do this, you must enter information about the class and add students. To complete this class setup you will need:
- Class information (see guidelines in 'Name A Class' instructions below)
- Roster listing all students for the new class
To create a new class, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Classes Tab.
2. Click the Create New Class button.
3. The New Class screen will display.
Name A Class
To name a class, use the following guidelines:
Note: If the classes work on a block schedule, semester schedule, quarter schedule, etc. then add a designation for this to the class name. For a 1st semester class, an example would be: JacksonP Algebra 1 per 2 S1
Add School, Teacher, & Icon
To add the specific school, teacher and a unique icon to represent this new class, follow these steps:
1. As a teacher, your name will automatically populate in the Teacher Name box. If you are an admin, click the dropdown arrow to find and select the teacher you are creating this class for.
2. Verify that the correct school is listed in the School drop down box.
3. In the upper right corner of the screen are a series of school-themed icons. Using the arrows at either side of the box, scroll through the available icons and click on the one you want to use to represent the class.
Set Permissions (Optional)
To give additional teachers access to view and edit this class, follow the steps below.
1. Click on the Set Permissions button.
2. The Set Permissions screen will display with a list of teachers. Check the boxes of those teachers to whom you want to give viewing and editing permission.
3. When you are finished selecting teachers, click the Add button.
4. Then click the Save button. You will be returned to the New Class screen.
You can select the students for your class by selecting a specific grade, teacher, class or demographic (such as English Language Learner). To add students to a new class, follow these steps:
1. Under Select Students for Class, use these filters to find and select students. For example, click on the down arrow to select the grade level for the students you wish to add to your class roster.
(Optional) Teacher, Classes and Demographics may be used to quickly find students within a certain subset (e.g., English Language Learner) or to duplicate an existing class.
2. Once you have selected the desired fields, click Search.
3. A list of students who fit your criteria will display in the Student Found box on the left.
4. Check the box to the left of each student name you want to include in this class.
Note: If you want to select all the students, put a check before the top box next to Student Found.
5. To put these students in the new class, click the Add button. Notice that their names now appear in the Students in New Class box on the right.
6. If you’ve made an error and need to remove a student, put a check before his/her name in the Student Enrolled box. Then click the Remove button to the left.
7. Once you are satisfied with the list of students in the New Class box, click the Save button in the bottom right!