The Social-Emotional Survey from Classworks is a student-facing check-in survey for students in grades 4-12 (teachers submit a survey for students in grades PreK-3) and is available in both English and Spanish.
Students PreK - 3rd Grade
For students PreK-3, rather than the students taking the survey, teachers will submit the survey on behalf of the student.
1. To access, teachers will first navigate to the Student Detail page. Once there, click SE Survey in the left- hand menu. Click Submit Survey:
2. You will be redirected to a new browser tab to complete the survey on behalf of the student. For grades PreK-3, the survey is 17 questions, each of which is answered on a 4-point scale.
Students 4th - 12th Grade
The survey has 40 questions, each of which is answered on a 4-point scale. It typically takes students 20-30 minutes to complete the assessment and students can complete five (5) administrations per testing window.
1. When students log in, they will click “Take a Test.”
2. If the survey has been enabled at the district or site level, they will see the option to take the “SE Skills Survey” here. Click Start.
3. Students can select either English or Español to start the survey:
4. Students can switch from English to Spanish using the toggle in the top right corner during any point of the survey:
5. Each question can also be read aloud in both English and Spanish. Students can click the audio icon to hear the question aloud.
6. As students answer the questions, they can see their progress here:
7. Once they get through all 40 questions, they will click “Complete” and teachers will then be able to review their results!