Classworks supports rostering integration with PowerSchool v21.4.1 and higher! To use the PowerSchool OneRoster (IMS v1.1) Rostering APIs, both the Universal Rostering plugin and the Classworks OneRoster plugin must be installed by your district administrator.
Before getting started, make sure you download the following Classworks OneRoster plugin found here. You will need this during setup later:
Ensure you have Universal Rostering installed.
Sign in to the PowerSchool SIS Admin portal.
From the start page, choose System >System Settings >Plugin Management Configuration.
If Universal Rostering is installed and enabled, it will look like this:
If you do not have Universal Rostering, click Install.
Choose Universal Rostering.
Adding the Classworks OneRoster Plugin
1. Sign in to the PowerSchool SIS Admin portal.
2. From the start page, choose System >System Settings >Plugin Management Configuration.
3. Click Install.
4. Click Choose File and select the Zip File you previously downloaded.
5. Click Install.
6. Once installed, you’ll be prompted to register the plugin. A unique ID and secret will appear here, however, you don’t have to worry about that at this step. Click Register.
7. Click OK.
8. Check the box to enable the Classworks OneRoster API Plugin.
9. Click Enable one more time here:
10. Click on the Plugin name:
11. Click Data Provider Configuration.
12. Save the Client ID and Client Secret:
13. Once the steps above are complete, reach out to the Classworks team at email@example.com to get the steps to send the client ID/ Secret securely. The Classworks team will then complete the steps needed within Classworks and confirm once setup is successful!