To complete these steps you must be a site or district administrator. If you do not have permissions to create a new user, it is recommended to contact your site or district administrator for Classworks.
If you don't know your site or district administrator, contact the Success Team and we will be happy to provide a list of site or district administrators.
To create a new student user account, complete the following steps:
1) Click on the drop-down menu and select the Administration page.
2) Click on the Users sub-tab.
3) Click the Create New User button at bottom of page.
4) The default Type setting for a new user is Student. You can use the drop-down box to choose between Student or Staff.
5) Fill in the following required fields:
- First and last name
- Username (must be unique for each user)
- District ID (a unique district ID is required for each user - typically the state testing ID number) These IDs are important as these connect our assessment partner data to Classworks. If you don't know that ID, check another student that has data to confirm the type of ID needed.
- Password is REQUIRED
- Ethnicity, gender, date of birth and demographics are optional
- Student resources are defaulted on. Uncheck any resource(s) you do not want the student to access.
6) Add the student to the School Group. This group adds the student to that school and allows teachers at the school to find and add the student to their class.
7) Click on the Save button.