Students in grades K-8 can earn achievements in each subject: Math & Reading/Language Arts.
There are two types of achievements:
- For every 150 minutes a student spends working in Classworks instruction, a student will earn/unlock a silver shield.
Note: Time spent in assessments does not count toward incentives
- The shield can be accessed from the Student Module by clicking the “View Progress” button.
- Once 150 minutes is reached, the timer begins for the next 150 minutes.
- Once a student has received 5 Silver Shields (750 min. total time-on-task), they receive a Gold Shield and the Silver Shield Display is reset. The student will receive a printable certificate.
- When a student achieves 150 minutes time-on-task in a subject, Classworks determines the overall mastery level of that subject. If the overall mastery percentage is 70% or greater at the time that the 150 minutes is reached, a character will be earned/unlocked for the student.
Note: Mastery is calculated using the Unit Scores only
- When a sixth character has been achieved, the student will earn a Gold Trophy. When no characters are awarded there will be no image displayed.
Access a Student's Certificate
|1||A will display beside a student's name in the Teacher Module when a
student has new accomplishments in the Trophy room. |
|2||Click on the gold star when you are ready to view the new accomplishments for a student. |
Note: The star will be gold when there is a new achievement, but will gray out after the first time you click to view. You can click on the gray star at any time to access the trophy room.
|3||Certificates are printable. Click the Print link out beside a certificate to print it. |
- Explain to your students how they earn shields and characters.
- Set expectations as to how often they can view their Badges Widget during a class period.
- Create a bar graph in your classroom that displays the number of shields and characters your class earns or that each student earns. Make it a competition!
- As students earn certificates, print two copies - One to send home to parents and one to display on your classroom bulletin board.
- Encourage students to do their best in Classworks!
Sample Student View
Disable Incentive Program
|1||Click the dropdown arrow next to your name and choose Administration. |
|2||Click on the Utilities sub-tab. |
|3||Click on School Settings on the navigation bar to the left.|
|4||Click on the name of the school.|
|5||Deselect the Incentive Program. |
|6||Click Save. |