Overview This document describes how to login and navigate the Classworks system. It also provides a brief outline of the content. Please visit the Resource Center Classworks 101 section for more information on getting started with Classworks.
The materials required are:
- Classworks URL
- User Name
To access Classworks from a computer or tablet at your school, double-click on the Classworks icon OR navigate to where the link is bookmarked or saved. Once you have accessed Classworks, you will be taken to the Homepage.
Once you have accessed Classworks, the Home page with the Login box will display. At the bottom of the page you will also see links to several helpful sites.
These include: Features, Contests, Resource Center, Support, and Contact. You will also note links to our social media accounts; please join us to keep up on what is the latest and greatest with Classworks!
To login to Classworks, please enter:
- Username: (This was assigned by your school administrator, Limited to 20 alphanumeric characters)
- Password: (This was assigned by your school administrator, Case sensitive, Minimum of 6 alphanumeric characters)
Then Click Login.
If you forget your User Name or Password, click the Forgot Your Password? link on the login screen.
To change your password after you are logged in, click on the Settings icon located in the top-right corner of your screen. You can also change your name and email address* and can select which notifications you will receive.
*Note: If you are a new user in the system or if you change your email address, you MUST go through the email verification process in order to receive any report subscriptions as well as other notifications. After clicking “Verify” on the pop-up, you MUST click on the link sent to your email in order for your email address to be verified.
To log out of Classworks, click on the username in the upper right hand of your screen.
Note: If you have been inactive for 30 minutes, you will be logged out of the Teacher Module.
Once you login, you will see the tabs at the top of your screen. The tabs are used to access the different areas of Classworks. There are 8 possible tabs: Dashboard, Classes, Individualized Learning, Instruction, Assessment, Reports, Editor, and Administration.
Note: Only those users with administrative privileges can see and access the Administration tab. Only users added to the Creator or Approver Groups for District Custom Assessments will see the Editor Tab.
Once you enter the Classes tab and select a school, you will see the class names and icons. Click on a class name to enter it. For each class, you will see three sub-tabs in the upper right-hand corner – Instruction, Assessment, & Progress.
From the Classes tab & the sub-tabs you can:
- View or edit an existing class
- Assign or delete instruction to a class
- Assign or delete an assessment to a class
- Modify assigned instruction and assessments for a class and/or individual students
- View instruction and assessment data for a class
- Create and generate a report
Individualized Learning Tab
After navigating to the Individualized Learning tab you will be presented with a filter that lets you search for students using the various criteria (School, Grade, Class, Group, Last Name, First name, ILP Average, ILP Subject, ILP Status). After selecting your criteria, click Apply and you will see all students that match the criteria you chose.
From the Individualized Learning Tab you can:
- View or edit existing student
- View status of Individualized Learning Paths (ILPs)
- Create Individualized Learning Paths (ILPs)
- Generate Reports
From the Instruction tab you can:
- View, edit or delete existing instruction that you have previously Created.
- View Preset instruction created by Classworks or by someone in your school district and shared district-wide.
- View instruction that was created and shared by someone else in your school.
- View alignment of Classworks instruction to your state standards and the common core standards.
- Create a new assignment for a student, class or group.
- Launch the Classworks content.
To see the complete list of available instruction for each category, click the + symbol beside the category name. To close the list, click it again.
Within the Assessment tab, you have 2 sub-tabs: Assessments & Progress (Progress Monitoring).
From the Assessments sub-tab you can:
- View, edit or delete an existing assessment that you previously created.
- View a Preset assessment purchased by your school or school district. (This includes Classworks' Universal Screener, Summative Benchmark, and any created assessments shared district-wide.)
- View assessments that were created and shared by someone else in your school.
- Create a new assessment for a student, class or group. (This includes Custom Assessments, District Custom Assessments, and Skills Snapshots.)
To see the complete list of available preset assessments, click the + symbol next to preset. To close the list, click it again.
From the Progress sub-tab you can:
- View and edit an existing set of CBMs that you previously created.
- View any CBM sets that are being shared district-wide.
- Create a new set of CBMs for progress monitoring.
From the Reports tab you can:
- Edit and generate a Preset (standard) report.
- View the reports you have previously created and saved (My Reports).
- Create a report for Instruction or Assessment (that can then be saved in My Reports).
- Manage (i.e., view or delete) scheduled reports.
Administration Page (Based on permission levels)
From the Administration page you can View, Add, Modify or Delete:
- Users (teachers and students)
- Utilities – set instructional calendar dates & manage integrations and content.
- Editor – Enable and manage the District Custom Assessment functions
- Import – Import student, staff, and/or class data
Editor Tab (Based on permission levels)
Users added to the Creator or Approver groups can manage different aspects of District Custom Assessments, based on their role/permissions.
In order to communicate and keep users up-to-date on the release of new features, upcoming webinars and contests, and other key pieces of information, an RSS feed has been added to the Teacher Module. You'll see the link in the user dropdown menu. If there are new posts, you'll see a dot next to the Latest Updates.
A few details about the feed:
- When users click on the feed, it will take them directly to the updates.classworks.com blog.
- Users can close the feed at any time by clicking on the on the feed bar.
- The feed can be re-opened by clicking on the RSS feed icon located in the top-right corner of the screen.