This document provides information on how to view progress monitoring data
real time within the Classworks Teacher Module as well as directions on how to
create and generate the Progress Monitoring report.
View Progress Monitoring Results in Real Time
You can view the results/data from the Classes tab > Progress sub-tab.
Expand the appropriate CBM set by clicking the + symbol.
From this screen you can view:
- Number of completed CBM probes
- Number of remaining CBM probes within the intervention period
- Scaled score of the last CBM completed
- Date range of the next scheduled CBM
By clicking Customize next to the name of the CBM set you can:
- Skip a CBM for the class
- View the status of each CBM as well as the scheduled date for each
By clicking Customize next to the name of the student you can:
- View data for all completed CBMs including scaled score, total time, date
completed, and next scheduled.
- Reassign a completed CBM (only if it is still within the testing window)
- Skip a CBM
Generate the Progress Monitoring Report
Purpose: Monitor progress of students during the intervention. Use to help determine
if students are trending below, on, or above target.
The Progress Monitoring Results Report can be generated from the Classes tab > Progress sub-tab (Applicable if selecting a particular
CBM set or if selecting individual students to report on)
From the Classes tab > Progress sub-tab
|1||Place a check beside the appropriate CBM set.|
Note: Expand the CBM set by clicking the + symbol to select/deselect
individual students if desired.
|2||Click Create Report. |
|3||Proceed to Step 7 below.|
|4||Select the Report Type: Assessment
Select the Assessment Type: Progress Monitoring CBMs
Select the Report: Progress Monitoring Results
|5||Click the Next button.|
|6||Select the appropriate set(s) of CBMs.
Click the Next button.
|7||Select how to display the data.|
Recommended: Display by Classes
Note: Display by Student will
produce two pages per student
(applicable if sharing with Parents or
if sharing at a Student Support
|8||(Optional) Select View Details, if desired.|
View Detail: In addition to the summary page, it also generates a graph of
CBM results for each student.
Note: The graph is generated with a Target Rate of Improvement line after one test
administration. The student's Current Rate of Improvement line will
appear on the graph after 3 test administrations.
Note: While previewing the report, you will have the option to Print the
report to a PDF. Once in PDF format – it can be saved or printed.
Summary of Student Results: Read the Report
The header of the summary page allows you to view the following information:
- Group you are reporting on
- Grade level, subject, and testing window of the progress monitoring
- Rate of Improvement (ROI) Goal Type
- Note: if one or more of the students has a different goal type than the
other students, the goal type will display as “custom”.
- Date report was generated
Summary of Student Results: What to Look For
Below the header you will see a chart of each student's results. The results include:
- Scaled score the student earned for each completed CBM
- Note: If a student exits the assessment early or does not finish within
the designated time limit, questions left unanswered will be scored as
- Date student completed the CBM
- Time student spent in the CBM
- Target ROI and the student's Current ROI
- Note: The current ROI will only display if there are at least 3 test
Individual Student CBM Results: Read the Report
In the header you will see:
- Target ROI & Goal Type
- Student's Current ROI
- If the student's ROI is
meeting or exceeding the
target, it will say “On
- If the student's ROI is
below the target, it will
say “Review Intervention”.
Reading the Graph: What to Look For
- Each dot represents the scaled score the student earned on the
- The green solid line indicates the Target ROI which is based on the goal
selected (moderate or aggressive) and the student's first score*. The
Target ROI is calculated using a linear regression model.
- The blue dotted line indicates the student's Current ROI (trend line).
- The Current ROI line will only display after the student has
completed at least 3 CBMs.
Note: If the student scores above the end target on the first CBM, the first two
CBMs, or the first 3 CBMs, a target ROI will not be calculated.
If the student's current ROI indicates a downward trend or if the student's
current ROI is indicating that the student is trending towards not making
acceptable progress, we recommend the student support team make changes
to the intervention.
How to Change the ROI Goal
The Rate of Improvement Goal (moderate or aggressive) is initially selected when
the set of CBMs is created. You have the ability to change the goal for a particular
set of CBMs for all students or for an individual student(s) after it has been
To do this:
Note: If the ROI goal displays as “Custom”, then one or more students assigned
that set of CBMs has a different ROI goal than the other students.