Note: Only district level managers can create a custom group. School site managers can add and remove users to/from a custom group - but only users that are in their school group.
Create a Custom Group
1) Click on the drop-down menu and select the Administration page.
Click on the Groups sub-tab.
2) Click on the Create Custom Group button.
3) Enter the name of the custom group in the Group Name box.
Follow steps 4-10 below to add students to the custom group.
4) Click the Add/Remove button.
5) Search for users to add to the custom group.
On the right-hand side of the screen, enter your search criteria.
Search criteria include:
- Search within the user's current school group
- Search by user last name
- Search by grade level
- Search by demographic
6) Click Search.
7) Select the users for the custom group on the right side by placing a check beside the student(s) name(s).
8) Click the Add Users to Group button.
9) (Optional) Reset the search as needed by clicking the Reset Search button. Then repeat steps 5-8 above.
10) Click the Save button.
Note: To remove a user from the custom group - Hover your mouse over the user’s name; click on Remove.
Edit Custom Group Details
From the Administration page > Groups sub-tab:
- Expand the Custom Group section by clicking on the + symbol.
- Click on the name of the custom group you wish to edit.
- Change group name.
- Add additional users to a group by clicking the Add/Remove button.
- Remove users from a group by clicking the Add/Remove button.
2) Click the Save button if changes were made.